Recruiting for a HGV Plant Mechanic
Re-Gen Waste is one of Europe’s most advanced MRF (materials recovery facility) installations specializing in sorting dry fraction of municipal waste. Re-gen Waste now operates their Newry based facility 24 hours per day to process over 1.5million tonnes of waste. The Company operations include waste to energy (WTE), MDR processing, MSW processing and engineering. We have job opportunities for individuals to join and develop their career within a successful and expanding Company.
The Re-Gen business was built and supported on the solid principles of Safety, Customer Service and Quality and this is supported by the Company Values and Principles – Determination, Positivity, Hard Work, Getting it Right First Time, and Open, Honest & Approachable.
We are currently recruiting for the role of HGV Plant Mechanic with the overall purpose of this role is to repair and maintain HGV vehicles, the Company currently operate 20 trucks and 100 trailers and the key jobs areas are servicing and MOT preparation, body repairs and basic fault finding with the ability to diagnose and solve problems both on their own and as part of a team.
- Carry Out MOT inspection and repairs
- Diagnose and rectify electrical and mechanical faults
- Work independently attending and managing routine servicing and ensuring all repairs are controlled and rectified efficiently
- Ensure all correct paperwork is completed and accurate records maintained
- Ensuring work load is prioritised and deadlines met
- Comply with Health and Safety policy at all times and adopt safe methods of working
- Chassis and MOT preparation experience
- Previous experience of working HGV, basic welding, hydraulic and auto electrical skills
- Ability to work safely as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility regarding hours
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Location: Re-Gen, Newry, Co. Down
Benefits: Paid holidays, On-site car parking, Pension Scheme etc.
If you are interested in joining our team here at Re-Gen, and meet the above criteria, then please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com contact on 02830265432 for further information
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 30thNovember 2018
Re-Gen is an equal opportunities employer whom employs a workforce with members from all sections of the community and is committed to appointing candidates purely based on merit.