We are hiring: Management Accountant
As a market leader in our sector we are recruiting a Management Accountant for our company who have headquarters in Co Down. We are a company which is experiencing growth and winning work with global clients. The role involves you working with the leadership team and support the Directors through this next phase of growth.
Preparation of management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns, supporting accounts payable & accounts receivable function and conducting adhoc financial analysis to support the commercial decision making within the business. To assist the Financial Controller in other duties as required.
Duties and key responsibilities
1. To assist the Financial Controller in the proper and accurate maintenance of financial records;
2. To prepare the monthly management accounts, key metrics and variance analysis and conduct regular monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
3. To support the Financial Controller with statutory financial accounts;
4. To assist in budget preparation reporting and monitoring;
5. To prepare the quarterly VAT returns;
6. To assist in the co-ordination of all the various accounting functions;
7. To provide timely & accurate financial information to the organisation including adhoc financial analysis as required on request;
8. To develop a strong detailed understanding of the accounting computer system (Sage) and links to various financial reports.
9. To constantly monitor the accounting function and financial systems and help in the implementation of improvements – particularly in regard to KPIs and the chart of accounts;
10. To deputise for Financial Controller when required; Assist all other managers/ staff with financial information as required.
Skills & Qualifications Essential
- Qualified by experience or part qualified with strong evidence of a combination of significant experience/excellent academic qualifications/commitment to achieving qualified status)
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel and intermediate level in Word.
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- 5 years+ experience within a financial function;
- Experience of financial statutory reporting
- Evidence of technical accounting skills
- Good evidence of the following competencies; Team Work - Communication - Creativity & Change - Enhancing Performance - Leadership - Personal Effectiveness
Salary: £23K-£26k depending on experience
Hours: 8am-5pm, Mon- Fri
Reduced gym membership
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Friday 2nd June