Environmental Health & Safety Compliance Officer
We are currently recruiting for the role of Environmental Health & Safety Compliance Officer to join our Compliance Team based within our Waste facilities in Newry to support develop the management and maintenance of Environmental Systems. Working alongside the Health & Safety department, you will be responsible for monitoring on site activities to ensure all employees, sub-contractors and visitors comply with Re-Gen’s Company policies. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring the company is aware of its responsibilities under all relevant environmental law & regulations and maintaining its compliance in line with all relevant legislation. You will be a competent person who will provide professional advice, guidance, training, monitoring and investigatory service on a wide range of Environmental areas within Re-Gen as well as supporting the Health & Safety department.
- To ensure environmental compliance within Re-gen Waste Ltd
- Promoting proactive pollution prevention
- Reduce Environmental and Compliance costs
- Implementation of utility efficiency projects to reduce environmental impact.
- Driving the implementation of the company’s environmental strategy and resulting projects.
- Provide technical advice and support to ensure environmental regulatory compliance, monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting for the site. To manage compliance auditing, assessment and training as a part of the continuous improvement processes.
- Take the lead and provide guidance for the interpretation and implementation of new or revised legislation
- Identify non-compliances, determine solutions and monitor and record achievement of compliance
- Support the H&S department with employee inductions and co-ordinate and deliver all necessary internal training in order to reinforce all Company safe working practices and procedures.
- Complete all COSHH assessment.
- Co-ordinate with all subcontractors to complete risk assessments and method statements before work commences onsite.
- Monitor Hot works and prepare and complete Hot works permits.
- Undertake regular internal Environmental & H&S audits to ensure compliance and that any issues that may be a breach of our policies and procedures, are flagged and addressed without delay.
- Monitoring and maintenance of all relevant permits and licenses.
- Assistance and maintenance of the sites Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- 2 years’ experience in an Environmental Health and Safety role
- Previous experience with Health, Safety & Environment Systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of health & safety processes & procedures
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office programmes, including outlook, excel, word etc
- Valid, UK Driving License as position may involve travel around other depots throughout the group, as and when required
- Ability to deliver high quality work with getting it right first time.
- A Health & Safety accreditation such as NEBOSH or IOSH
- Experience of advising and carrying out Audits in line with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- Technical knowledge of compliance, policies and procedures
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability to develop new skills.
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Benefits: Paid holidays, Free Life Assurance, Free On-site car parking, Company Pension Scheme, Healthcare Plan, Canteen Facilities, Employee Perks Card, Career Development Opportunities etc.