What is it?
Mixed dry recycling, or MDR processing involves the collection and processing of waste like paper, cardboard, tins and plastic. These materials are collected, delivered to Re-Gen’s state of the art facility, sorted and any recoverable waste is processed so that waste sent to landfill is drastically reduced.
Here’s why we’re the best at what we do:
- State of the art recycling plant includes a glass cleaning plant
- 95% of our glass is recoverable waste
- The only materials recovery facility (MRF) in Europe with a micro MRF fines plant
- 100% landfill diversion on Mixed Dry Recycling residual waste, thanks to the Refuse Derived Fuel plant running alongside this operation
- 125 specialised collection vehicles, collecting from customers all across the UK and Ireland.
Re-Gen Best Quality & Practice
Here’s why our MDR processes are the best in the business:
- One of the most advanced materials recycling facilities in the UK, with the critical balance between automated, mechanical and manual sorting processes.
- Careful grading of incoming materials to determine anticipated contamination levels
- Tailored adjustments to transfer station facilities to ensure materials remain protected and segregated
- Minimal amount of waste processed being sent to landfill